January 31, 2012

"Sometimes I Thank God For Unanswered Prayers..."

There are people you'll meet in your life that will be like any other to you. They will be the kind of people you didn't realize you needed until they showed up, and now can't imagine life without. That's when you really know God is working in your life! They're the kind of people you wish you would've been able to write the character for when thinking about the movie of your life, but never would've had the ability to capture how amazing they are. Or just how real they are. These people are very rare to find, and when they come into your life... do not let them go!

Sometimes I think they are also the result of unanswered prayers. So many times we (or I know I have) pray for certain people (or things) to walk into our life and God has people and plans that are so much better for us lined up. When God doesn't give us what we want or think we need, it's for reasons so much better than we can wrap our minds around. And in that moment we don't usually understand what God is doing or why things aren't quite adding up to our plans. But, as we start to see the bigger picture, we start putting the pieces of the puzzle together and that it's turning into something beautiful.

Believe that everything happens for a reason, and God can turn ugly mistakes and guilt of the past into something really incredible. He knows what we need, even when we don't. Instead of that freaking me out like it used to, it gives me peace. It feels good to know that I don't have to be the one to control and plan out the rest of my life, like I used to try. Because, then it was a matter of trying to make all of it happen and I worried myself to death doing it. Now, I've taken a step back and moved over to the passenger seat. You get a much better view, and things really come together when you give the wheel over to God. Believe me, that was not an easy thing and didn't happen over night; it took years to train myself to literally hand it over to Him. And it's still a work in progress, not worrying about what's to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment