January 21, 2012

Saturday!

Today was amazing! It was a pretty relaxed morning...I made collages on this app from my phone, because I was bored (I'll post some later). I spent the day with my parents; we had lunch and ran to a couple different places. Later on in the afternoon we saw the new movie with Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock, "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close," with some family friends and had dinner with them. It was such a fun night, forgetting about everything else and just remembering what's important in life.

Here are a few things I took away from 'Extremely Loud':

  • It's important to face our fears, in spite of being afraid
  • To carry on even when you've lost something so important to you
  • Everyone has a story, and it's cool what you can find out about them when you take the time to really listen
  • To love a little more
  • Like this film, I want to create something that will mean something to someone...I want my "art" to matter. That's the whole point of art, right? Self expression and to help others feel like they're not alone. 


"I saw God today!" ~George Strait

Forever 21

Chic-Fil-A anyone?

Ending the night with yogurt

I'm tired...so I'm out for the night! Church in the morning! :) 

Peace out,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment