January 1, 2012

New Year's Weekend

Yesterday was a really interesting way to spend the last day of 2011. I ended up really sick for most of the afternoon, and in bed. I was miserable; I could barely move, and wasn't so sure that I'd be up for ringing in the New Year. I listened to some music and watched a little One Tree Hill, then my parents brought me home some Chicken Noodle soup from Denny's. Thanks to that, and some prayers from my wonderful friends, I felt A LOT better, just in time for the family to come over. My family's hilarious! We just ate and watched Dick Clark's Rockin New Years Eve, but I wouldn't have had it any other way.

A quote from New Year's Eve, "Before we pop the champagne and celebrate the New Year, we stop to reflect on the year that has gone by. To remember both our triumphs and our missteps-our promises made, and broken. The times we opened ourselves up to great adventures-or closed ourselves down, for fear of getting hurt. Because that's what New Year's is all about: getting another chance. A chance to forgive, to do better, to do more, to give more, to love more. And to stop worrying about 'what if' and start embracing what would be. So when the ball drops at midnight-and it will drop-let's remember to be nice to each other, kind to each other. And not just tonight, but all year long."















It's December 31st, 2011, the clock hits 12:00 a.m. All of a sudden, it's 2011 again and you have the chance to redo everything. Would you? My answer would be, not at all. 2011 was the year of no regrets. 

My New Year's Day was pretty awesome as well! We went to brunch with the family at Buck Owen's Crystal Palace, and I was able to spend some time with my cousin. We took family pictures, laughed at each other, and had a great time. The rest of the afternoon, we were pretty lazy and I got bored very quickly. I read a little, text some people, got on the computer, etc. My dad and uncle also informed me of something potentially very exciting for me this year. I will be crossing my fingers and praying about it. Then, my friend Ceci texted me and the rest of the girls to see if we were up for seeing the movie, "Courageous." I am SO glad I went. I have so many thoughts on that, though, so that is going to need a separate blog.
My plate!

My uncle's waffles covered in whipped cream..HA

Buck Owens


My and my dad

Me and my cousin

My momma and I

The family!

Me and Buck!

That's all for now,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment