January 21, 2012

My Ideal Vacation

My ideal vacation would be something like road tripping to Connecticut to stay at a little bed and breakfast. I'd want it to be spontaneous and not know exactly where I'm going. Just grab a few friends, turn up the radio, and just hit the road and see where it takes us. You find out a lot about yourself on road trips, because you're forced to think and deal with the things you usually put off. I'd want to stop in small towns along the way and see what the locals do, see how many cups of coffee they drink, or maybe just wander around town and read or write somewhere. You can get a lot of inspiration from that kind of stuff.

I'm a HUGE Gilmore Girls fan...it's my favorite show on the entire planet, and they did this exact trip. There's something so wonderful in the experience and it has always been one of my favorite episodes because of that. I love the feel and the way that everyone is so involved in each others' lives, and the fact that they have town meetings, and how adorable small towns are. Everyone is like a character out of a storybook, and there's something really charming about that, even when they seem a little...different ;).






Here are some B&B's in the Connecticut area:





That's all for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment