January 24, 2012

Life Is Good

Most people would rather be certain they're miserable, than risk being happy.  ~Robert Anthony

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy.  ~Cynthia Nelms

What a wonderful life I've had!  I only wish I'd realized it sooner.  ~Colette

Happiness is a form of courage.  ~Holbrook Jackson

Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn't know you left open.  ~John Barrymore

Last night, as I lay in bed I thought of how content I am with life right now. I wasn't worried or fearful for what's to come for the first time in an extremely long time, and it was the best feeling in the world. I used to worry myself sick at night because of past mistakes, what was going to happen with my future, or just all these crazy scenarios that go on in my mind when I'm trying to fall asleep. Life is just really good, and I'm enjoying everything as it comes. The moment I made the decision to start my journey with faith and Christ  all over again that fear started going out the window. I have NO room for that anymore, and I don't want to. I have so much to live for right now :) Why choose to be miserable when God has so many incredible things in store and promises He'll pull us through?
I started thinking about all the wonderful people that are in my life right now, and all the people I know in general. All of my life I've been the shy one, so the fact that I'm almost becoming somewhat of a social butterfly boggles my mind. God has brought me so far and I know He isn't done with me yet. I couldn't be more excited for right now and what I'm still waiting on to happen. 

This morning, I went to my first class which was geography. I am so bored with that class, and I end up zoning out when I probably shouldn't. I completely forgot there was a quiz today, so I'm not sure how that went. Probably about the same results as if I had studied actually. We got out early once again, so I went to the library to kill some time before my next class. Next, was Sociology. I really enjoy it, but it was all just feeling extremely long today. I have some work that I really need to finish by the end of this week too, but I've been busy, so homework has sort of taken a backseat. I'll get it done, though, at some point. 
Geography.....
Sociology :)

"When I look to the sky, something tells me you're here with me, and you make everything alright..."

The rest of the afternoon was pretty relaxing. I went on a bike ride and listened to the Jonas LA soundtrack...yes, I know I'm extremely cool. Then, as I was riding a bug flew right into my eye and it was bothering me quite a bit so I had to call it a day. I watched a little TV, did a little homework, and tonight was number three of the renewal, but I'll write a separate blog for that :)

That's all for now,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment