January 2, 2012

Letting Go

I've noticed that ever since I stopped trying to act like I'm some big "mystery, or closed book that no one can read, I've been a lot happier. The more open you are with your successes and failures, the more you can relate to people and help them. I feel like I've finally been able to open up more than I ever have. I think you're so much better off that way. It doesn't make you vulnerable, it just makes you honest. I'm not hiding who I am anymore.

More than ever before, I've been letting go of anger, and it feels like a weight has been lifted from my chest. I'm starting to see things for what they really are, rather than seeing everything so bitterly. I see the beauty in things and can try to look for the bright side, rather than letting something completely ruin my day. For the first time, I'm really hearing God's plans for my life instead of just my own. My pride doesn't get in the way like it used to. That's the best feeling in the world, and this year all I want is to be more like Christ, for my joy to be infectious, and to inspire those around me. I'm letting go, and letting God.

That's all,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment