January 21, 2012

Just A Little Inspiration


Hope    
By: Emily Dickenson 
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

Dreams
By: Langston Hughes

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird 
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

Do you have a dream? Sure, we all do. Are you going after that dream? Ah, that's when things get tricky. We can all come up with some crazy plan in our mind, but as it gets closer to making it happen...we make excuses and we back out. We sabotage our own happiness because we're afraid of doing something great. I truly believe that there is greatness in each of us, and that we can all make a difference in this world, whether it's just smiling at a stranger on the street, paying for the coffee of the person behind us at Starbucks, or if it's traveling all around the world making some grand gesture everywhere you go. When we don't go after our dreams, we become bitter and wonder what could've been or what might've happened.

Now, being in my 20s, I realize this can be a pretty intense time. It's time to start getting serious about the rest of my life and what I want to do. Instead of thinking about the future, now you're living in it. If you want to do something, there's really no waiting around...you just have to jump. Who I am right now will affect me the rest of my life, and that can be pretty intimidating. Or I can think of right now as a time to just be and be excited; explore, take risks, ask questions, learn as much as I can, and live my own life...because there's nothing holding me back right now. 

Don't wait. Go after whatever it is you've always wanted to try! Even if you fail or fall flat on your face, at least you'll be able to say you did it. Whatever you do; Do something that matters and means something to YOU. 

That's all,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment