January 26, 2012

January 26

Foggy morning!

The Quad area
Today was kind of exhausting and draining; it didn't help that I wasn't in the cheeriest of moods either. I didn't read my daily devotion or Bible reading like I usually do, and I think that's where everything was thrown off. So, I had breakfast, and went to geography, where I took a quiz and we watched the world's longest video on lightning. It was interesting, but after awhile it was.....boring. It was one of those 80s videos where everyone looks really cheesy; it was also narrated by Al Roker, just an FYI. Class got out a little later than usual today, so I just ran straight to Sociology.
It was a really good class today! We talked about discrimination and stratification. It also tied into last night's renewal service a little...the way we believe lies about ourselves because of things people have spoken to us and about us. Then we moved onto inequality in race and gender, and how each have different roles. We watched a couple videos, and class was dismissed.

My mom and I ran to Wal-Mart to get a few things!  Found these lyric jewelry pieces! Love them :)



Planner I bought and covered with cheetah duct tape :)
I ran with my mom to their tax guy's office, and boy was that entertaining. He has stories about all sorts of things, mainly involving food and travel. He was telling me all of these places I should go, like Germany. I was really fascinated by it all actually; it inspired me. I want to look up all sorts of blogs and pictures on travel and food, and start making a list of all these places I want to go and try. It'd be fun to grab some friends and just be spontaneous. I think it would really be fun to do an blog experiment with that.

Tonight, we had choir practice for Sunday's set! It went really good and we were done in about an hour...so not much to report there, other than I'm really looking forward to Sunday! :) I came home, ate dinner, watched American Idol, finished up some homework, and now I'm starting the first season of Dawson's Creek. Also, I'm really loving all the 90's music I had forgotten about on this show! HAHA.

So glad the weekend is here; should be another great one!

That's all for now,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment