January 9, 2012

High School Flashbacks

Alright, so I've only been out of school for a little over a couple years, but watching One Tree Hill has actually had me (somewhat) missing those high school days. I hated it while I was in there, and I've made that very well known...but watching them has made me wish I could go back. I think I'd do things a little differently, but then again I guess doing it the way I did made me who I am now, and I couldn't be happier now. I thought I'd post some of my favorite memories like:
  • Going to Hume Lake with the entire school all four years 
  • Prom
  • Powderpuff
  • Homecoming/building the floats
  • Plays
  • Singing the National Anthem at Basketball games
  • Football games
  • Rallies
  • Talent shows
  • Birthday parties
  • Lunch adventures with the gang



















"The truth is, I really don't like to think about college. Cause that means high school's over. After graduation, everyone will probably go play basketball. Or sing or start record labels. And I'll have to start all over. Alone. I'm sure I'll be fine. But like I said, I don't like to think about it." ~Brooke Davis~

"Yeah, the future is scary, you know the world can be threatening. But, you should know sometimes when things seem the most desperate, people find you. Help is out there, and you are not alone." ~Haley James Scott!~

I don't think I realized how crazy things would get, or how much they would change after high school. In some ways, it feels like everything has. And in others, it feels like absolutely nothing has. I guess that's both good and bad. My emotions are sort of wishy washy when it comes to deciding how to feel about that. So, maybe those weren't my best days, but they were pretty good now that I see it from the outside looking in.
To all you high schoolers out there, just take it all in...and realize it doesn't last forever. That can be one of the saddest thoughts, or greatest reliefs depending on how you look at it. Get involved, make new friends, forget about the people that don't matter, try your best when it comes to work, and don't let negativity run your life. Be your own person and realize that you're gonna do greater things in your life than you could ever imagine. Who you are in high school doesn't mean you have to be labeled as that forever.

That's all,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment