January 2, 2012

Another Short Quiz

Yesterday afternoon, while I was bored and sitting around the house, I decided to answer some more questions out of that "4,000 Questions for getting to know anyone and everyone" book. It really does help pass the time.

Who had the most positive influence on you as a child?
I would say my parents, obviously. My grandma. And LeAnn Rimes.

What playground activities did you like best?
I wasn't much of a fan when it came to activities like that. I mainly pretended to I was on a TV show, or I'd make my friends pretend they were "Mary-Kate and Ashley" with me! Haha. I did like capture the flag, though.

Five childhood accomplishments.
1. Having the lead role in my 6th grade Christmas play
2. Classroom representative in 3rd grade
3. Getting a 4.0 in elementary school
4. Going out for the basketball team, even though I stunk at it
5. Talent shows

In one word, describe yourself as a child.
Shy or timid

What did you discover about yourself in high school?
I don't think it was until after high school that I really thought about it. I was a lot more capable of things than I gave myself credit for.

What is something you never did in high school but wish you would have done?
Probably softball or soccer, I always thought that would have been fun! Also, I thought about the debate team, because I'm great at arguing.

If you could choose, would you:

  • Live your childhood over again? Yeah, it was a great one. I have a lot of wonderful memories from it.
  • Have ever grown up in a different decade or era? Yes! I think about that a lot...Probably the 20s or 80s.
  • Have been more competitive as a kid? Maybe. I think that might have helped me develop a thicker skin.
  • Have learned more in the classroom of life than in school? I think I've done that already. I might have tried the opposite this time around.
  • Have been a leader? I would have been more confident and outspoken in the leadership positions that I had.
  • Take back something you did? Nah, everything happens for a reason.
  • Have been nicer to your parents? Totally.
  • Worked harder in school? I was always a good student most of my life, but once I got to high school, I slacked off a little more when things didn't come as easily.
  • Have made more friends? I had plenty of friends. I guess I just would have gotten together with them more.
  • Have hade more belongings? No, I always had way too many things...and still do.
What year in school would you do over again?
I'd like to do my Senior year over again. It was a really hard year for me personally and academically, and I had a really bad attitude about it. I had so many plans and expectations for that year, but most of them didn't turn out the way I had planned. 

Did you make the most of your high school years?
Yes and no. I was involved in a lot, had a lot of friends, and had fun. But, at the same time, I think I could have made them more enjoyable. If I could go back at the age I am now, I think I would be different...But, I guess that's why you go during your teen years.

Who is the funniest person in your family?
Gosh...my family is all hilarious in their own way, especially when all of us are together. I'd have to say my Uncle Bob, though, because most of the time he's not really trying to be funny when he says things, which makes us laugh that much harder.

How do you feel about having relatives stay with you?
I love it! As a kid, I always wanted a "Full House", so this way I sort of get to live that dream out when everyone stays with us. It gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling.

What relative did you or do you get along with?
I get along with all of my family members. I have a different relationship with each of them, but I love them all just the same :)

What games or songs did your family play or sing while traveling in the car?
We'd play the license plate game or the horse game, where you call out "zip, zip" or "bury your horses." Usually, we'd just sing along to the radio or whatever teeny bopper CD I'd make my parents listen to.

What were your most memorable experiences with your grandparents?
I have a lot of wonderful memories with my grandparents; most of the days in my childhood were spent with them. With my dad's mom it was me putting on LeAnn Rimes concerts for her, us making crafts together, watching Days of Our Lives, and her singing to me. With my mom's parents, it was swimming in the summer, grandma's snacks, having prayer time in the morning after breakfast, and that every season at their house was turned into an occasion.

What sights, smells, or sounds do you remember from your grandparents houses?
What I remember most vividly is Christmastime at my grandparents' house (Mom's parents). My grandma's favorite time of the year was Christmas, as was mine. She always had all kinds of little toys, animatronics, fake snow, an elaborate nativity set up, Christmas trees, and candy dishes available for the kids. It would usually smell like pine trees, warm apple spice something, or orange. It was filled with the sounds of her and grandpa talking, the TV playing one of my favorite shows or the news, or sometimes music. 

What does true friendship mean?
True friends are real gems to find these days. To me, the bond is as deep as family. I'm an only child, so I consider most of my friends to be like my siblings, because they've been with me for years, and they've helped shape me probably just as much as my parents have in some ways. The people that are in my life now are the ones I know I can count on. True friendship means being honest with one another, praying for and with each other, , having the same values, and knowing you can depend on that person in good or bad times. 

How have friends enriched your life?
In just about every way possible. I try to treat my friendships as delicately as possible, because I haven't always had people that I could count on, and friendships tend to be a little on the fickle sides these days. Now, I feel like I have more love than I know what to do with. I have four best friends that have been with me through it all: Heartbreak, loss of a loved one, other friends bailing, rants, raves, and the amazing times in between. They're always there for me, and I know I can count on them. I can trust them with anything, and they've always got my back. 

What friend has taught you an important lesson about life? 
All of my friends have different personalities and perspectives, so I've learned a lot from each of them, depending on the situation. Most recently, I'd have to say it would be from my friends Febe, Viviyan and Ceci. I see the relationship they have with God, and how they are so full of joy. They spread His love wherever they go, and they've just really been encouraging me in my walk with the Lord. It has opened my eyes to just how much I need Him and want a better relationship with Him.

Have you ever performed in public and did you enjoy it?
I've performed in public quite a few times, and I love it. There's just something about it that makes me feel like that's where I belong., whether it's speaking, acting, or singing. There's such a rush in those few minutes before you walk out on stage and the bright lights hit your face, and the music begins. It symbolizes the start of something really incredible.

What is your current opinion of TV?
I think it's alright! Of course, I have my favorite TV shows that I think are incredible, but as a whole I don't think it's what it used to be. TV shows used to teach morals and talk about life lessons (Boy Meets World, Wonder Years) and I feel like they've strayed away from that. As I've watched One Tree Hill, I feel like it's one of the last shows that really goes beneath the surface. It shows the depth of mankind, good and bad, the hardships, and the triumphs. I just wish writers would go back to caring about people and telling a story, rather than for entertainment value.

No comments:

Post a Comment