December 11, 2011

Old Blog (Happiness Project)

Sunday, October 16, 2011


What's This Blog All About?(This was an old blog I had posted on my "Happiness project, but I ended up not keeping up with it...so I'll just post them on here)

Today, I was inspired! I went to Starbucks with a couple friends from church and we were talking about the future; what we want out of life, and how we keep waiting on dreams, because it's safe. We've grown comfortable with what we're doing, where we are, etc. But we don't want to be that way permanently, because we have BIG dreams that God has in mind for us, so why are we being so complacent?

It had me thinking about this more later on, especially after watching an episode of One Tree Hill that dealt with exactly this. Lucas Scott (Chad Michael Murray's character on the show), quoted this phrase, "Many people die with their music still in them. Too often, it is because they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it, time runs out." We all do this way too often in our lives! We wait for that perfect moment to come along to take that leap of faith and go for what we want most out of life...but I'm finding out that there is no perfect moment.

I don't want to keep watching all these days go by, thinking tomorrow I'll do something differently. Why wait for that right moment to come along, and why not just go for it? What's really the worst that could happen? And that's exactly why I created this blog...to hold myself accountable, to encourage others to go for things they've always wanted, and to MAKE THEM HAPPEN. So, here's my bucket list/happiness project of living life to the fullest and enjoying the simplest of moments, and sharing them with all of you lovely folks! :)

That's all for now and I hope you enjoy the journey,
xoxo Shelby






No comments:

Post a Comment