December 19, 2011

I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas



Dear Santa,
I live in California (Hollywood)...but it's not like in the movies where Christmas is always snowy white. On my list, is just one wish, that it would snow tonight. (Hilary Duff's "When The Snow Comes Down In Tinseltown).

Just one year, I'd like to have that simple, traditional Christmas. Of course, I've only ever known the Christmases out here, but from what I've seen they're very different. I picture a log cabin, with snow covering the ground, fireplace lit as everyone is gathered around sharing stories of Christmases past or around the piano singing carols, the table is all set for dinner, and everyone is getting along swimmingly. Like I said, it's very different. You see the way it's supposed to be like in the movies all the time, but honestly, what is Christmas supposed to be like?

Jesus is the reason for the season, the rest is up to each family. I don't think there's any right or wrong way to spend the day, everyone makes of it what they will. As much as I'd like things to be a certain way, I realize that it's more of who I'm with. As long as I have the ones I love most around me, where's the bad? The other stuff is just that...stuff. Maybe I've never had a white Christmas or we haven't done the "traditional" things I've always pictured Christmas to be. Maybe it's been the "same old Christmas" every year, but you know what? That's alright with me. :)

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment