December 27, 2011

"Have yourself a merry little Christmas-may your days be merry and bright!"

Christmas Eve:
I went to Denny's for breakfast with my parents, which was great. I was able to showcase my Kardashian impressions, and we had a lot of laughs. The rest of the day was devoted to squeezing in last minute preparations for the next day (baking, cleaning, etc.) That night we had dinner with my aunt at this amazing Mexican restaurant in town, that was all dressed up for Christmas, and went to the Christmas Eve service at church where my other aunt and uncle met us. It was about making room for Jesus, despite the hustle and bustle of the "holiday season". We came back to our house for presents, then a couple of my cousins came over for a few hours. I haven't seen them in so long, so it was great for all of us to catch up. I had such a fun time :)

The jello salad

decorations at Mexicali


The coolest thing ever...this was a result of the steam from the tea pot on top of the plate



Me and my cousins
Christmas Day:
I actually woke up a lot earlier than I thought I would yesterday morning. My parents and I opened presents, then watched the Disney Christmas parade (It's a tradition). I was really lazy at getting ready, but I finally got around to it. Pretty soon, the family was filing in and the house was filled with talking and laughing. I love it when we all just come together; it doesn't really matter what we're doing. The guys watched basketball and football, the girls talked at the kitchen table, and I was went back and forth between the two the entire time. And we ate...A LOT. I felt like I was eating all day, but who cares? I was sick several days before that, so I was making up for it. I went to bed very grateful for all that I have and for my entire family, because I don't know where I'd be without them. We have our ups and downs, and our annoying habits, but we're family; we stick by each other through thick and thin.



drinking coffee out of my new mug



You have NO idea how excited I am for this!!!!!!!

Our technology party

Me and my cousin!!

You have no idea how many takes it took to get a good one...this wasn't it...lol.

Watching one of my favorite episodes of OTH on my new MAC ;)

Hope your Christmas was filled with a lot of love, laughter, and many blessings!

Love,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment