November 28, 2011

This Weekend

I had a fabulous weekend! Friday night I was able to hang out with some wonderful friends (Viviyan, Ceci, Hillary, and Febe). We had pizza, cheese bread, salad, and pickles (we all LOVE pickles); it was so good! We watched Dexter, which was not quite as bad as I thought it would be, and it's always cool trying new shows. It's still not my kind of show, but at least I can say I tried it ;) Then, we ended up taking a spontaneous trip to Wal-Mart to get stuff for S'mores and ended up with brownie mix too! So, we made S'mores, brownies, and talked! Such a laid back Friday night, and I can't think of any other way I'd rather spend it.








Saturday, my mom and I ran errands and I checked on a friend's cats, because I was house sitting! We came home, watched Christmas movies and relaxed. It was a really nice day, even though I wasn't in the best of moods. Crowds at Target or WalMart and me do not mix!


Sunday (yesterday) we went to church for the early service, then went down to LA for the Hollywood Christmas Parade. The weather was unbelievable; felt nothing like winter, that's for sure. It was in the 70s at least...definitely Southern California weather! We had lunch at Cheesecake Factory, shopped around at The Americana shopping center, then headed over to Hollywood and Highland. We picked up our tickets for the parade, but there was a mix up with times, so we had time to kill. We walked along Hollywood Blvd. stopping to look in the shops, and at Mann's Chinese Theater. I wanted to find Jennifer Aniston's hand prints, but they said it wasn't out just yet. They're still trying to find a place hers because they "don't want her to be too close to Brad Pitt's!" I think that was just a joke, but still true to some degree LOL. I saw a few others like the cast of Twilight, George Clooney, and Judy Garland's. We scoped out a little more of the parade chaos; saw the red carpet for the stars arriving, but it was too hard to see anything, so we kept moving along. We got something to drink at Coffee Bean, and found our seats shortly after that. :)


The crazy fog as we drove out of town

What we listened to on the way down there


My lunch at Cheesecake Factory!


On the red carpet! I felt SO cool haha

Me and my aunt with "Jamie Foxx"


Red carpet!

Me and my mom







I had so much fun hanging out with my family, being in Hollywood, and finally getting to experience the parade. I can mark that off the bucket list now ;) I'll be posting more on the parade later when I get the pictures from my aunt! 

That's all for now,
Shelby
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment