November 6, 2011

Not Good Enough

Don't you hate it when you feel like being yourself is not good enough for some people? Like they're always mad about something you said or did? Or you're trying really hard to not offend them, while being yourself, but it all goes wrong.There was a time when I had to make decisions, I would think about how it would affect other people's lives, what my friends would say, what my family would think. With big decisions, it's great to take those into consideration and get advice...but I'm talking about the little things that should only matter to me. I was always worried that they would be upset or they wouldn't talk to me anymore. But, as I've gotten older...I've just stopped caring. I hear friends and family out, but ultimately it's my life, and it's my decision to make. I'm not gonna sit there worrying about whether it was what they would've done or if it was the choice they would've made, because it's not up to them. So, to anyone else who feels this way...you are good enough, and it's okay to speak your mind. I went too long without voicing my opinion, and being who I really wanted to be. Don't make the same mistake I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment