November 15, 2011

Interview: Stephanie Salazar

So, I've decided that I want to start doing "interview" type things with family and friends, not only to share how cool they are with the rest of the world, or at least Facebook, but so I can also get a better understanding of who they are as well.
Meet Stephanie Salazar! I met Stephanie through the Carrie Underwood fan club about a year or so ago. She has become a really good friend, even though we still haven't met in person. It's almost like we were sisters separated at birth HA! We're into most of the same things like Carrie Underwood, Nick Jonas, our beliefs, and even our future careers in Journalism. We have some crazy conversations, daydream about our lives when we're famous, and set a bunch of goals for things we'd like to do when we finally meet. But, we also talk about things that are deeper as well. We've recently become pen pals, and send letters back and forth to inform each other on our lives and we like to inform each other on our states. It has been a fun journey getting to know her, and I can't wait until we'll actually be able to meet so we can do all the things we've been planning on! She's really awesome and a blast to talk to! :)


Your life in a nutshell so far (birthplace/date,school,etc.)
My life in nutshell is pretty stressful! However, all the stress in the world can't over power how blessed I am to have an amazing people life supporting me as I get through school! I was born September 1, 1991 in Santa Fe, NM. I'm currently at NMSU in Las Cruces NM studying journalism.

Describe yourself in 3 words.
Determined. Hopeful. Exciting.

If you could be any fictional character (TV show, book or movie), who would it be and why?
I like Meredith Grey from Grey's Anatomy. I have so many shows I love to death, and the characters are inspiring. However, I relate to Meredith the most because of her drive to succeed. I love how she balances both life, and her career without giving up either one. She is also super strong, and continues on her path of life and not letting the bad stuff bring her down.
However, for a book character I have to go with Samantha Kingston from "Before I fall" I LOVE her. She changed her life for the better for her, and not by anyone else beliefs. One of my favorite books ever.

Favorite artist/band at the moment?
Favorite artist right now is Luke Bryan! I'm in LOVE with his CD. I'm also very into Justin Bieber right now...haha. And of course Carrie Underwood. She never gets old.

Who is the one person you've always admired?
A person I have always admired is my dad. He always put his family before him always. He has worked so hard to give my sister and I everything that we have ever wanted. He has taught me so much, and I love him to death. :)

What's a motto or Bible verse you've always lived by?
...Wow. There are a lot. I LOVE Philippians 4:13. As far as a motto totally cliche but I like "Play On" simple. To the point. And so true.

Proudest accomplishment in your life so far? Something that's on your bucket list?
Proudest accomplishment so far is probably just making it to college. I'm the first one in my family to do so, and I know how proud my family is of me, and that makes me proud.
I have a jillion things on my bucketlist. One is, to attend every NFL stadium for a game. Even if it's not a Denver game.

If you had a chance to go back to your mistake and correct it, would you?
If I had a chance to go back and fix a misstake, i don't think I would. You learn from all the mistakes you make. So it's obvious it was made for a reason right?

Best concert you've EVER been to? One person (or group) you'd love to see live still?
Hmm. I have been able to see a lot of concerts, but most memorable was The Play On Tour with Carrie Underwood in Colorado Springs. A huge reason was because I met her. And it was the first time I have ever been in the first 5 rows. It was amazing. Someone I still want to see in concert would have to be Shania!

What would your dream job be if you could work anywhere and do anything?
If I could do anything, my dream job would totally be an owner or manager of a football team. Being able to go to live football games every Sunday sounds like heaven!

What you tell your 13 year old self, knowing what you do now?
Stop caring what other people think of you. Non of it maters at all. You might think it does. But it doesn't. Trust in God more. People will always come and go in your life but your one constant relationship is always with God. Don't forget that. Don't be so caught up in having a boy friend. There is plenty of time for that. Just go with the flow more, and enjoy life. You should probably pay more attention in math. That stuff really comes in handy in the future. Also, now would be a good time for you to learn how NOT to procrastinate. And last, don't worry so much. What's meant to be will always find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment