October 4, 2011

New Music

These past and next few months are going to be surrounded by all kinds of highly anticipated music. In September we had Demi Lovato, Jake Owen, and a few others. This month we have Scotty McCreery, Lauren Alaina, Martina McBride, and Kelly Clarkson at the end of the month. And we can't forget about Taylor Swift's Journey to Fearless DVD coming out next week, and Speak Now Tour DVD/CD coming out early next month. I thought I'd give my short reviews on the CD's I've picked up so far.

Demi Lovato:
Prior to the CD coming out, Demi kept saying how her sound was different, and this album would be different from the others. She described it as more soulful sounding, so I was expecting something like Kelly Clarkson's first album, Thankful. I was a bit surprised when I started listening to it, to find that it was more hip hop/rap. I appreciate all genre's of music, so I'm always open to hearing new things, but hip hop isn't usually my style. However, the more I listened to Demi's CD, and went through each song, I really liked it. She did such an amazing job. The style of music may be different, but her genuine soul comes through in the lyrics. I still think I might prefer her rock edge a little more, but over all I was pretty impressed with "Unbroken."

Jake Owen:
I've always really liked Jake Owen! I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times, and he's one of the nicest guys around. He writes about what he knows; the country, girls, being out on the lake, and life. He's basically the male version of Taylor Swift (it's a shame those two didn't work out ;) Lol). Awhile back, during the summer, Jake was back in Nashville, and tweeted to his followers to join him out on the lake. They met at the location he said, and spent the rest of the day with Jake on his boat. Now, is that cool or what? I actually had a friend, that I've met and talked to through Carrie Underwood's fan club, that was lucky enough to join him, and from the sounds of it she had a great time. This was the first CD of Jake's I'd ever bought, but I was super impressed. It's a feel good CD, and I highly recommend it.

More reviews to come on upcoming CD's. What are some of your favorite artists at the moment? CD's? Feel free to share on my twitter account: http://twitter.com/#!/ShelbyN92

That's all for now,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment