October 5, 2011

The Grand Ole Opry

The Grand Ole Opry has had a special place in my heart for a very long time. Country music is a big part of my life, and always has been. From the time I was about five or so, I knew I wanted to be a singer, after watching a LeAnn Rimes concert on Disney Channel. That dream hasn't changed. And it's every young country singer's dream to play at the Grand Ole Opry, and mine is no different, though I'm no country singer..yet ;).

The very first time I visited Nashville, I was sixteen years old, and my eyes were in complete wonder of the place. My heart was so full of happiness that I was visiting the very place that so many of my heroes had moved to, in hopes of making it. That feeling of walking into the Opry hasn't changed over the past 3-4 years, and I don't think it ever will. It's one of the best places to be at any time, and I always look forward to that more than anything else while we're in Nashville, because that defines the city. It defines country music, and if I'm lucky enough, and if it's God's plans...someday I will play the Opry, and make my family proud.

The famous circle
 Tradition pictures in front of the sign:





No comments:

Post a Comment