October 1, 2011

Connections- "It's a Small World After All!"

Life is all about meeting people; making connections and making friendships with them. A lot of times, I'm quiet when I first meet people, or feel awkward, but once I get to know people, I'm fine. Lately, or I guess it has been a process that God has been working with me over the course of the past several years that I have started coming out of my shell more. So many wonderful opportunities have come from getting to know other people, and so many great friendships have come from not holding back.In no way am I saying use people! That's the last thing I'm trying to say, because that's wrong. I'm
just saying it's cool getting to know people from other places, and aren't necessarily always like you. It makes things more interesting that way.

It has been so cool to get to hear so many incredible stories of where people are from, who they know (there are a lot of musicians at our church that have shared some pretty cool things they've been able to do; touring with bands as drummers, guitarists, and backup singers/meeting other artists; one guy from our church's band was even featured on an episode of One Tree Hill-his music was), learning about their families, etc. It's just funny finding out who knows who...One of my friends told us about his connections to Kris Allen, Edens Edge, and Lee DeWyze..which I thought was super cool! Some other friends also like to keep us informed with things about Disneyland and other premieres and events that happen in LA. And apparently I'm related to some guy that was in the Grand Ole Opry back when it first started, Uncle Dave Macon...LOL; so you just never know! Then, of course there have been other connections on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr where I have learned so much about other states, things that are going around in that area, and the people that live in them; what's important to them, and places to check out if I'm ever in the area.

I love meeting new people! It may make me a little nervous at times, but ultimately I love it. Now I can say I have all different kinds of friends with different interests, from different states, but usually we've been bonded together by music. It's a universal love and connects us, and we find later on that we have more in common. It's amazing! :D And I'm thankful for all of the friendships I've made whether through social networking, church, school, or on vacation! It has been an exciting ride, and I can't wait to see who else I meet along the journey of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment