September 7, 2011

Who Am I?

This is a question I think a lot of us ask ourselves! What do we stand for?, what do we believe in?, what do we like?, what do people think when they see us? These are all great questions, but what do they mean? Do they really define who we are? I'm finding out that no, they don't. I've always thought that the things I liked defined who I was, the friends I hang out with say what kind of person I am, and the way I act says everything. Of course, they say a lot about me, but that's not me at the core. If everything else was ripped away, then what would I have?

With each passing year, I'm finding that who I am in God defines me! I am a child of God, and that should say it all. To Him, I'm beautiful, wonderful, talented, and perfect...we all are. He doesn't see me for the wrong I've done, the mistakes I've made, the things I wish I could take, etc. He doesn't see me for the music I listen to, the movies I watch, the people I admire, or the clothes I wear. They give me personality, but that's not ME. We don't have to let "things" define us, because being a child of God should describe everything. There is much more to us than just what is seen. Man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart. THAT's what matters. Who is anyone else to say otherwise?

No comments:

Post a Comment