September 11, 2011

Rainy Day

I awoke to the sounds of thunder rumbling yesterday morning, and was delighted to see the streets were glistening with water. The thought that fall is quickly approaching makes me giddy with excitement. To most, a cloudy day is gloomy and depressing, to me it feels like the day is full of endless possibilities and creative energy. It has always put me in this mood to write, much like the times of dickens and Shakespeare. I can imagine them sitting close to the fire, writing intently at their desk, while the rain or snow is falling outside.
Much like the rain cleans out the unwanted junk in the air, now is the season to clean out the unwanted junk in our lives. It's a chance to start new, and forget about the past, and start looking to the future.
~Shelby~

No comments:

Post a Comment