September 29, 2011

My New Obsession: One Tree Hill

It doesn't usually take long for me to become obsessed with something, if I'm going to be obsessed at all. Usually I'm either all into it or I'm not at all, and completely bored. If I don't like a movie within the first few minutes (at home), more than likely I'm gonna turn it off and do something else. But, when I get hooked, I'm all into it for months and months on end, then move to the next phase.Well, it looks like a new one has hit, and it's One Tree Hill.

I had tried to watch a couple episodes back in the day, when I was into Chad Michael Murray, but wasn't into it. I think it probably had to do with the fact that I was only in like 6th grade, and a lot of the things they were dealing with didn't apply to me at all...well, flash forward a few years, and I'm at the age group that they are on the show. I was hooked within the first ten minutes with the characters, setting, and storyline in general. It's so profound and insightful; it really is all about life and they don't sugarcoat anything or hold back. What I'm starting to love most about Haley and Nathan's relationship is how real it is. Most of the time in shows and movies it's all that sweet fluff, where everything works out perfectly, but theirs shows how two people can still love each other so much, but things can get really bad and messed up at the same time. I really need the first season, so I can start from the beginning, and watch as the characters grow and mature!

Right now, I'm actually talking to one of my friends on Tumblr; she lives near Wilmington, North Carolina, where the show is filmed, and she's been an extra on the show. She's telling me some stories of what it was like and all that! Pretty cool stuff :) I'm fascinated with behind the scenes information. I've heard Wilmington is a beautiful town! My aunt and uncle live in South Carolina now, and I'm really looking forward to visiting sometime soon to get that small town feel, or like I'm stuck in a Nicholas Sparks book ;) Haha.

Well, that is all for today. Until next time,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment