August 12, 2011

Summer shows

Since it's summer, and most of the normal shows are off, it has given me a chance to get into some other seasonal/one time only shows, like Platinum Hit and The Glee Project. I'm also very much into Pretty Little Liars, The Secret Life of the American Teenager, and Giuliana&Bill.

Platinum Hit:
Kara Dioguardi's show on finding the next hit songwriter. Each week there were songwriting "hook" challenges on assigned topics. After picking the top three hooks, they would split into different teams, and complete the songs. Through all kinds of drama, challenges, and lots of paper, they found a terrific songwriter. I hope they come back for a second season, because I found it very inspiring.
http://www.bravotv.com/platinum-hit/videos

The Glee Project:
A show looking for the next member of Glee, or at least a good eight episodes! Each week, contestants are given a song, and they go through the process as if they were on Glee. There's recording, dancing, and filming. It's a tight schedule, and the pressure is on; you have to be on your game, one bad week could can cost you. My favorites were sent home, although, personally I think they were the most relatable and consistent in the competition, but I guess that's not what they're looking for. It will be interesting to see who ends up landing a guest starring role on Glee.
 You can check out the website for more information on the show!
http://thegleeproject.oxygen.com/#fbid=7HrtpwQmdyU

Pretty Little Liars:
http://www.hulu.com/pretty-little-liars

You know, it's funny...for some reason I never thought this would be my kind of show. Back when they were on the first half of season 1, I'd see previews for it, and would just think it looks creepy/weird. A couple of friends kept trying to get me into it, and I'd say, "Nah, I'm not into. Not my thing!" One night, while I was at my friends to watch The Bachelor, we ended up watching that for a few minutes so we could fast forward on the other, and something about it drew me in. That night, I decided to look up past episodes On Demand, and I was instantly hooked.
Anyway, each episode gets more and more intense. The crazy thing is ...I tend to watch it pretty late at night, which is not a smart move. If you're all caught up, then let me just say, when Jason first came to town, I knew something was definitely wrong with him. He seems to have a hidden agenda! But, the chemistry that him and Aria seemed to have was undeniable, and I thought he seemed really sweet to her. After the last episode, I definitely changed my mind again, and I am on team Ezaria! They are perfect together :)

Giuliana&Bill:
 
When the show first came on, I knew Giuliana from E! News, of course, and Bill from the first season of The Apprentice, but I didn't necessarily know about them as people. Week after week, I fell in love with the show. I love reality shows to see the behind the scenes lives of important people, and this one doesn't disappoint. Giuliana is hilarious, and seems like she would be a lot of fun to hang out with! And I love the way they get along so well :) Great show! After just a few shows, you'll feel like you know them.

Secret Life of the American Teenager:
http://abcfamily.go.com/shows/secret-life-american-teenager
I go in phases with this show, depending on the storyline. It's basically a soap opera for teens; no matter how much you want to turn it off, you keep getting sucked in. I really like Francia Raisa, Shailene Woodley, and Daren Kagasoff! I want Amy and Ricky to be together, they're supposed to be a family, they have a kid! I don't want him to go running back to Adrienne because he gets in a fight with Amy, but more than likely, that's what will happen.

That's all for now...hope I didn't bore you all too much! ;)
~Shelby~

1 comment:

  1. Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop
    myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man,Keep it up. : https://www.fdcmovies.com/

    ReplyDelete