August 19, 2011

Getting A Little Too Comfortable with Life

I wish I was more of a risk taker, I've always played the game of life safely. Ive been the quiet girl that doesn't speak out much, doesn't do anything crazy. I feel like i've stayed that way my entire life. That way I don't fail, don't make a fool of myself, and I don't have to be prepared for the unexpected. I'm a planner, I like to know exactly what's going to happen! But, lately I've started thinking what kind of life is that?
God has so much more in store for our lives, and I tend to take the safe route and miss out on opportunities that would be really amazing! Why? Because I'm too afraid.
I was Skyping with my uncles last night for our weekly talk with the family, and one of them mentioned the pastor, Francis Chan, and author of Crazy Love. My other uncle looked up some videos on YouTube, and Francis was talking about growing comfortable. We don't want take risks or do anything crazy for God, but that's not what is intended for us. We were meant to live for so much more, and that's when it hit me... I have grown too comfortable not only in life, but in my walk with God, because I'm afraid of being called out or of failing.
I have big dreams that God has placed in my heart, but then I'm too lazy or too afraid to do anything about it. Well, today, I'm going to stop putting things off. I'm going to challenge myself to do the hard things and to grow more, to be who God created me to be. I want to live a life that's worth living, and make a difference! I want to be able to look in the mirror, and be proud of who I am!

That's all for now,
Shelby <3

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment