August 15, 2011

Back to School Shopping-Sunday/Monday

Yesterday, I went to LA with my parents, my aunt, and my uncle. We met up with a friend of my dad's and uncle's, and his wife! We had lunch at a Mexican restaurant our family has been going to for years, even before I was born. It's pretty tasty!
chips and salsa. I was at my own table, so I got these to myself ;)
After lunch, the guys went to a Dodger game, and the girls went shopping at the Glendale Galleria! It was so much fun to just get out of town (again) for a few hours. I needed to be with my family; they can get me to laugh like no one else can.
On the car ride home, my uncle was singing along to, "I Love You This Big" by Scotty McCreery, and then my dad wanted to hear Lauren Alaina's song. We were all singing, making hand motions and acting crazy, it was great! I love my family so much, and it's in these simple moments of just singing to a song on the radio or having a night at home that I realize just how much I love them, and how different my life would be if they weren't in it. I'm so blessed to have them in my life! So many times I get caught up in material things, and that I have to do this and that to be happy...but when I spend time with my family, like we did yesterday, it puts things in perspective

I got a couple shirts, bracelets, and a purse!


Marc Jacobs look-a-like purse, like Lorelai's on Gilmore Girls! MUCH cheaper too :)

bracelets
Today, when my mom and I went grocery shopping, I picked up the basic school supplies, like Notebooks, paper, pencils, etc. I got to thinking about how funny it is that back to school shopping used to be such a big deal. I used to plan new outfits for the entire week, and make sure I had the coolest supplies, because who wanted solid colors? I remember wanting everything to look perfect. It's weird how things change. I miss that excitement of the night before school, waiting to wear my first day of school outfit, get all the new papers and rules for class (I was a weird kid), see my friends, meet new classmates, and hear about what was in store for the year.


My books!
College is an exciting time; I've been able to do a lot of things I wouldn't be able to if I was still in high school.  I've met a lot of great friends out there, and I've had good teachers as well. I guess this is all just part of growing up. It's tough, but it has to be done. Life is all about change, and how you react to it, so my goal is to make the most of each situation I'm faced with!

That's all for now,
Shelby

Do you guys have any back to school memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment